This recipe was a Sunday lunch special. I love Chicken Cafreal specially if you are on a diet that incorporates higher proteins as I am following the P90X Fat Burner Diet. It makes bland chicken very flavorful and enjoyable and you can grill the chicken instead of cooking. Making this recipe, gave me an idea to make chicken gyro may not have a Greek origin but it turned out great. My son had it as an after school snack. No need of yogurt sauce if you like it spicy.
- 4 lbs of chicken (thigh meat with or without bones and skinless)
- 4 tbsp of cafreal masala
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 tbsp seasoned vinegar
- 1/2 tsp of sugar
- 3 tbsp of oil
- Salt to taste
- Wash and the chicken. Apply 3 tbsp of cafreal masala, seasoned vinegar, sugar and salt to taste. Marinate at-least for 2 hours or overnight is the best.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pot add the chopped onions and saute till translucent. Add the remaining 1 tbsp of cafreal masala and saute for 1 minute.
- Next add the marinated chicken, saute and cook covered on medium heat for 40-45 minutes by checking occasionally and sauteing till the water from the chicken is evaporated and you have a real thick sauce.
- If the chicken does not give out much water add 1/2 cup of water while cooking.
- Serve with rice, bread or salad.
Love cafreal!! I have to head to goa very soon!
shatarupa that’s good to know 🙂 and it the prefect place to eat at.
this is golden!!!
Thank you Bishop 🙂
It sounds really lovely.
Thank You Corina 🙂
Thank You farmersheart 🙂