- 2 medium size whole pompano or tilapia
- 3 tbsp of recheado masala
- 1/2 tsp of sugar
- salt to taste
- Wash the fish, then butterfly the fish on either side of the bone. You can leave the bone in or take it off.
- Season the fish with salt inside and out. Mix the sugar and recheado masala together.
- Apply the recheado masala on the inside and let it marinate for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat up oil in a non-stick pan and shallow fry the fish on either sides till golden brown.
It can me used as a main entrée in a meal along with a side of salad made with any vinaigrette as they go well together. Or you can serve it with rice as a side.