Most of us have eaten stuffed fish. The Goan version is called Recheado which in Portuguese means stuffed and Mackerel or Pomfret fish is used to make this recipe.
- 2 medium size whole pompano or tilapia
- 3 tbsp of recheado masala
- 1/2 tsp of sugar
- salt to taste
- Wash the fish, then butterfly the fish on either side of the bone. You can leave the bone in or take it off.
- Season the fish with salt inside and out. Mix the sugar and recheado masala together.
- Apply the recheado masala on the inside and let it marinate for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat up oil in a non-stick pan and shallow fry the fish on either sides till golden brown.
It can me used as a main entrée in a meal along with a side of salad made with any vinaigrette as they go well together. Or you can serve it with rice as a side.
Dear Nandu I m drooling woooow it’s Terrific babs
LikeLiked by 1 person
And this was a unique plate, love fish, never in my life had I seen a plate like that. Not trying to do that one anytime soon.
Lol…. you are funny :-). Have a great weekend Charly.
Oh my God! That looks amazing! It just screams warm weather and my name! All in one sentence. And maybe a plane ticket.
Thanks Dana 🙂 You are most welcome to sunny LA.
Looks amazing. I love the crispy skin! 🙂
Thank You Ronit 🙂
wow…….looks tempting…….I want to try this……..again I have the same question about the ingredients of the “recheado masala”……
Thanks Jayeeta…. I only use these spice mixes as I sell these masala here in the US :-).
That’s great……but how do I prepare at home ?????