Being a Goan, I think, I can take the liberty to say that Goan’s have been making these fluffy babies for multiple decades. As far as my knowledge, Banana Pancakes have been a recent hype that is still catching on in the US culinary world but I wouldn’t argue that Banana Bread is definitely an American Classic.
These Banana Pancake were enjoyed by us for evening Tea Time, which is a social activity for most Goan’s from 3 to 6 pm. Hoping that this leisure activity does not cease.
- 8 over-ripped bananas
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla (optional)
- pinch of salt (Tip: For sweeter recipes my mum added a pinch of salt and for savory it was a pinch of sugar)
* In a mixing bowl mash 8 over-ripe bananas, mix in the egg. Next add the flour to the mixture,vanilla and salt and mix it well till no lumps.
* Heat a large non-stick pan, spray some olive oil and spoon in 4 mini-pancakes. Flip the pancakes after 3-5 minutes. Check to see they don’t burn. This mixture will make about 15 mini-pancakes.
* Serve plain or with powdered sugar.
These fluffy babies do not need maple syrup. You can also check out more Goan dessert recipes here.